Monday, 20 May 2013

More vs less

I've said before that I'll never be a minimalist.

But I do admire the look.



And frequently 'pin' sparsely furnished/decorated, often Scandinavian-inspired spaces...

 

But I also admire and pin busier spaces...

gorgeous chair! diagonal shelves are different too - but would only work for books?

I'm sure i had this somewhere - if not I need it. splashes of green against crisp white. all good.

Handmade Home: Office Nook Redux

So as we have prepared to move from this house, I've been enjoying the visual space (serenity?) that's come from having many of our (my) treasures packed up.

So has my husband (and he's made the point repeatedly).

My trouble is that I am sentimentally attached to said treasures - whether they reflect the person who gave them, the place I bought them or the time I've had them...

By way of compromise, I'm going to try and commit to a 'rotation' system of home decorating: fewer items on display, but regularly changed around so those sentiments are retained.

I'll let you know how it goes in due course, but as for now, I'm just looking forward to getting there...

xx

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment